Friday, November 2, 2018

Holy COW!

Happy Friday!

Wow. 

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to start this post and all I keep coming up with is "wow".  Yes, it's 3:30 in the morning.  Yes, for the third night in a row I can't sleep.  Too much going on in my head ... so I thought I'd share ...

This has, hands down, been one of the most exciting, emotional, thrilling, happy, sad, AMAZING week of my life ... and I have lived approximately 2,652 weeks.  THIS particular week was a good one.

I don't share this to brag.  Truly I don't.  I share this to try to put into words how blessed, grateful, proud, humbled and thrilled I am ... and how overwhelming it all is.

This week two major things happened.

#1.  Stampin' Up! announced that I was chosen as one of only SEVEN demonstrators in Canada to be a part of the newly formed "Canadian Demonstrator Council".  As SU puts it ...

We’re excited to announce that we’ve chosen the members of our 13 Demonstrator Councils in areas throughout the world! These demonstrators were selected through an application process, and we were strategic in choosing councils so they each include a broad base of demonstrators with a diverse range of backgrounds and skills.
These 2018–2019 Demonstrator Council members will partner with the Demonstrator Development Managers (DDMs) as ambassadors for and champions of Stampin’ Up! to motivate and inspire demonstrators. They will serve in this role for at least a year.
The councils will work with their DDM to focus on issues such as:
  • Finding ways to keep demonstrators connected and engaged with Stampin’ Up!
  • Helping demonstrators get new customers.
  • Helping demonstrators increase their sales.
  • Finding ways to make recruiting easier.

To say I am THRILLED to be part of the CDC is a gross understatement!  What a dream-come-true for me!!  I RELISH the thought of being able to help find ways to make being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator even better than it already is!  To have the chance to inspire and motivate my Sisters??  Sign me UP! ... and they did!  SO humbling!

#2.  Yesterday the list of Top Achievers was released, both for Canada and Globally.  I was shocked and thrilled to see my name appear a few times.  Ya, I *might* have found out standing in the lobby of the chiropractor.  Ya, I *might* have teared up a *little*!  How did I rank?
  • Recruiting - #5 in Canada
  • Overall - #20 in Canada
  • Globally - #161
There are approximately 5,000 Canadian demonstrators and approximately 60,000 Globally.  Whaaattttt?  For me to even come CLOSE to being on ANY list blows my mind, let alone being ranked where I am!  

Truly gobsmacked.

What thrills me even MORE than my own success this year is the success of some of the best ladies I know.  They are my "sidelines", in Stampin' Up! lingo.  We are all SU demos but we have no formal "ties" to each other (ie we don't have the same leaders above us).  We came together in early 2017, after the Canadian Business Conference I attended in Toronto.  Long story short, we formed a Facebook group to support each other in our businesses as we strove to reach our individual goals.  This team of women knocked every single one of them out of the PARK!  There were 6 of us originally.  Five of us will be on the cruise to Greece.  Five of us are in the top 50 Canadian Demonstrators.  All six of us achieved what we set out to and then some.  You know what is better than succeeding?  Watching those you LOVE succeed - watching them set goals, work towards them and cross that finish line.  We all crossed it together and it is truly one of the most rewarding experiences of my 2,652 weeks on this planet.  

Now, for all the joy that I have experienced this week I have also experienced great sadness.  I don't think an hour has passed this week that I haven't thought of, and missed, my dear friend, and upline, Tamye.  She was my biggest cheerleader. There was never any doubt in HER mind that I could achieve all I set out to.  That belief made ME believe I could ... and I set out on my journey.   Tamye passed away this March, just three months before I earned the Greece Incentive Trip and, now, just seven months before I achieved some to rankings in the company.  I owe SO much of my success to her.  Her guidance, her leadership, her friendship.  It is SO bittersweet achieving these things without her physically by my side.  Oh sure, I do know she is with me, celebrating with me and watching over me.  That makes me smile.  It would just be so great to have her here to celebrate with.

So ya.  This week has been one of the best weeks of my life.  

I am SO overwhelmed.
I am SO humbled.
I am SO grateful.
I am so, so, SO very blessed.

Thank you for YOUR part in my journey.  I appreciate it more than words can say.

Have a stampy day 


xoxox  Tam



2 comments: