Saturday, November 17, 2018

Zipper Card and Convention Hilights ...

Happy Saturday!

Well!  It has only been two weeks since I posted but it feels like I've lived 6 months worth of fun and excitement in that time!

If you follow me on Facebook ("Tamara's Paper Trail") you will have seen alllll my Facebook Live videos from last weeks Convention in Orlando.  I really don't have the word to describe the depth of emotions I felt that week.  There were SO many and they were SO intense.  Truly.  In fact, I had been on SUCH a wave of adrenalin, nerves, smiles and lack of sleep that I ended up hugging the toilet in the week hours of the morning Friday morning.  It was all just too much for too long for my system!  I'm happy to say, though, that I was up and at 'em Friday morning for more fun, prizes and laughs (although I DID take a brief nap on the Convention Centre floor mid afternoon! *lol*)

If you would like to see all the swaps I got from other stampers how over to my Facebook Page.  I have some in picture form and some in video form.  They're all lovely - check them out!

Today I wanted to share my video on how to make a "Zipper Card".  I had received a swap using this "technique" last April and vowed I'd make one *one day*.  Thursday was that day.  It's CRAZY quick and easy but packs SUCH a wow for the recipient!  Here's a picture of the project ...
... and here is the YouTube video on how to make it ...
*** PS *** in the video I showed the tape in the INSIDE of the perforated line.  That's wrong!  Don't put tape there or your gift card will be trapped inside! *lol*.  I got a little carried away with the tape!

Doesn't it make you want to run right down to your Craft Cave and make one??  SUCH a fun idea and, if you're like me, you give a LOT of gift cards for Christmas and Birthdays.  This is a fun, quick packaging idea that everyone loves (and a FAB way to use up some of the designer paper you're hoarding!!) . Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!

Right!  I need to walk my Doodle Bug, design my Advent Calendar for class next week and hit Ikea for accessories for my youngest daughters room (Craig painted her room while I was in Orland so now she apparently *needs* all new EVERYTHING! lol)

Whatever YOU get up to this weekend, I hope you have a stampy time!

(I'll leave you with a few pics from Convention ...


xox
Tam

























2 comments:

  1. Tamara...congrats on your Stampin' UP! achievements this year! A quick thing about the gift card cards....if you put the adhesive on the inside of the DSP, alongside the diecut dots, wouldn't that make it impossible to get the gift card out? It would be all sealed in and the zip strip wouldn't serve any purpose. Or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are 100% right! I caught that too but forgot to post it here! Don't put tape on the inside of the line. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete