Thursday, July 29, 2021

Summer Dreams with Sweet as a Peach - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

 

Happy Blog Hop Day!  Every month my friends with the Stampin' Creative Blog Hop bring you projects around a common theme.  THIS month the theme is "Summer Dreams".  We have SO many products and colours that scream summer!  Sweet Strawberry, Sweet Ice Cream, ANY of our ocean-themes products .... but the one that says summer to ME is our Sweet as a Peach Bundle of products.  Mmmmm a big, juicy, ripe peach is the EPITOME of summer to me!  Here is my project inspired by the "Summer Dreams" theme:

It's a fun, Fancy Fold card that is SO quick and easy!  It was inspired by a card I found made by Heidi Smith over at www.flutterbyheidi.co.uk, where she showed this unique side-gate-fold.  Brilliant!  A little something different than the usual "cut your card stock and fold in half" layout!

  • The base is 4 1/4" x 11", scored on the long side at 1 1/2" and again at 7".
  • The Pale Papaya card stock layer is 5" wide x 4" high ... and then you cut off 1 1/4" off the 5" wide end.  You now have a piece that is 3 3/4" wide x 4" high and a pice that is 1 1/4" wide x 4" high.
  • The Designer Paper layer is 4 1/2" wide x 3 3/4" high .. and then you cut off 1" off the 4 1/2" wide end.  You now have a piece that is 3 1/2" wide x 3 3/4" high and a piece that is 1" wide x 3 3/4" high.
  • Tape your designer papers to the Pale Papaya layers.
  • Wrap ribbon around the larger 3 1/2" x 3 3/4" layer.  I used my Light Granny Apple Green Marker to colour my White Crinkle Ribbon.
  • Attach your layers to your card base using Stampin' Seal.
  • Cut out a large shaper for your sentiment.  I used the Stitched So Sweetly Dies for mine and used the Biggest Wish stamp set for the sentiment.  I used Pale Papaya and Granny Apple Green inks.
  • I embellished the card using a fussy cut peach from the designer paper and flowers from the Peach dies.  I attached the sentiment to the card base using dimensionals (only on the left hand side, as you need to be able to open the card!)
Bam!  Done!  Quick, easy and CUTE!  This layout is a great way to use up some of your Designer Paper stash .. so you can justify buying MORE of it, as select papers are 15% off until August 2nd!
Here are a few more card made using this same layout.  It's a good one!
So there you have it.  MY project for the "Summer Dreams" theme.  Hop on over to my friends' blogs to see what THEIR "Summer Dreams" projects look like ... and have a stampy day!


Tam
Product List

13 comments:

  1. so pretty, I love that fold it is my go to fold when I need a quick wow card, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! How is it I've never seen it before?!? Sometimes I think I live under a rock lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! This layout is a definite "keeper"!

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this card! What a great layout! And every little detail down to the tiny flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! High praise from one I admire so much!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous card! I love that fun fold!! So pretty, Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the fold and layout of your card. Really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I LOVE these! What a fun fold indeed! Thanks Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloggen wurde drastisch abgewertet. Hut ab vor dir, mein Freund – dafür, dass du die Kultur am Leben erhältst. Die Grammatik ist offensichtlich von sehr mächtigen Denkfähigkeiten. Wir bieten Ihren Lesern Informationen zu unserem Weed Online Kaufen , damit sie diese überlegenen Denkfähigkeiten ebenfalls erwerben können. Ich werde diese Seite auf jeden Fall mit einem Lesezeichen versehen, um auf weitere aufschlussreiche Inhalte zurückzukommen. @ YUNGREDDGOTIT auf WICKR// . Prost

    ReplyDelete