Thursday, December 30, 2021

Party Time! Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

 

Happy Blog Hop Day!  I'm so glad you're here!  Every month my friends from around the globe put together projects around a common theme to inspire and delight.  THIS month the theme is "Party Time!"  Very appropriate, given it's almost New Year's Eve! .... but I wasn't "feelin'" the New Year Party vibe.  Likely because I haven't actually made it to midnight on Dec 31st for about 20 years ... lol ... who can relate??? hee hee.  No, when I think of "PARTY TIME" I think streamers, confetti, bright colours and birthdays ... and that was the spin my card took.  Check it out:
Hmmmm ... My picture isn't as clear as I'd like so here's a close up, showing the embossed layer a bit better:
I've been using the "Dots" Embossing Folder more and more lately and loving it!  Yes, the folder is only 3 3/8" wide, meaning you need to run it through your machine twice but it's REALLY easy to line up the dots to get a full embossed layer.

I also love the twine I added as just a little "sumthin".  I tried to curl the ends of the twine with the edge of my scissors, like I used to do with the ribbon on packages when I was younger.  It worked pretty well ... and mimics the swirls of the stamped streamers.
 

Before I get into the details of the card, wanna see what my inspiration was?  
I LOVE the creative process.  I start with one thing and then it totally takes a turn off course and ends up somewhere else entirely!  Would you guess that this lead to that?
Crazy! lol

OK, so on to a few particulars about my Party Time card:

Standard Basic White card base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded and burnished
Real Read layer - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Basic White layer - 5" x 3 3/4" - run through the Cut & Emboss Machine with the Checks & Dots Embossing Folder
Granny Apple Green layer - 1 3/8" x 4 3/8"
Basic White layer - 1 1/4" x 4 14"
Basic White (for "happy" sentiment) - 1" x 2 1/4" and
Basic White (for "birthday" sentiment - 1/2" x 1 1/4"

I used the streamers from "Turtle Friends", the "happy" from "Biggest Wish" and the "birthday" from "Sweet as a Peach".
My colours were Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Mango Melody and Granny Apple Green.
A Bakers Twine bow and the Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequins finished it off (I colour one of the light orange sequins with my dark Cherry Cobbler Blend marker to make it a bit more "Real Red" in colour).

So there you have it!  MY take on "Party Time".  Now hop along and see what my friends have made for you!  Thanks for popping on and I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

xoxo

Tam

Product List

14 comments:

  1. What a great card, Tamara! Don't you love it when you end up going in a different way from you thought you were going?! Hope you have a happy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie! I DO love when that happens! I actually switched gears about three times this month ... and love it!

      Delete
  2. What a fun card. Love the bright and fun colors! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, DB is Danielle Bennenk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! TOTALLY different than what I set out to make originally!

      Delete
  5. Love how it turned out and seeing where the inspiration came from. Lovely card Tamara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors which aren't really a fav of mine. Seems I'm changing or adding them to my fav now. Maybe that's what happens when you get older...😮😂🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't know if it's an AGE thing but my faves have definitely changed over the years! I took these colours from the hostess designer paper item at the back of the catalogue. So cheerful!

      Delete
  7. This is such a fun card. It is always amazing how the creative process takes on a life of its own, and the final product is completely different from the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. Right? The creativity just wants what it wants on the day that it wants it. One day I'll love a card I made and a few months later I won't. Crazy!

      Delete