Thursday, September 29, 2022

WOW Cards - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

 


Happy Blog Hop Day!  It's the Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop this time.  My friends and I are bringing you projects we've made around the theme "WOW Cards".  What determines a card to be a "WOW"?  That's subjective.  It CAN be a clean and simple card that makes you say "WOW!  Gorgeous, yet quick and easy to make!".  In Tamara-Land, however, a WOW card tend to be lot of layers and dimension.  The card I came up with is a total "Tamara-Card"!  Check it out ...


I'm not 100% happy with the way it photographs - "in person" it really does make you say WOW!

I used the Cottage Rose Bundle of products for my card (we tend to forget about our Annual Catalogue favourites once the Mini Catalogues come out!)

The white layers are embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder and the white flower is actually heat embossed on ACETATE!  Oh sure, I could have achieved a similar look embossing it directly on the Early Espresso card stock but adding the acetate REALLY steps it up to a WOW card!

These are the dimensions, working from the base up to the top layer:
Basic White card base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Early Espresso layer - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Basic White layer - 4 3/8" x 3 1/8" - run through the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder
Early Espresso layer - 4 1/8" x 2 7/8"
Basic White Top Layer - 4" x 2 3/4" - run through the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder
Sentiment - 3/4" x 3 1/2" - flag ended
3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square each of Early Espresso and a piece of Acetate.  You can't see the acetate well in the photo but it's there .. and it's popped up on the Early Espresso shape using a single dimensional in the centre of the flower.  More dimension!


I finished it off with three Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots that I coloured with my SU100 Blend Marker .  BAM!  WOW!

There is more cutting than usual for this card, but it is't "hard" to make.  I just love it!  I hope you do too!

Want to see more WOW cards?  Click on the names below to be taken to my friends' blogs to see what THEY have come up with for you!  Thanks for popping in.  Have a stampy day!



Tamara

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment