Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School!

Anyone else ready for a vacation?  Today was Rebecca's fourth day and Alicia's third and I already feel like I'm drowning in a sea of forms to sign, newsletters to read, classes to join, registration fees to pay and uneaten lunches to find!  On the bright side we ARE starting to get back into a routine.  It's 7:52 pm and Alicia has already been asleep for 5 minutes - THAT hasn't happened in at least three months!  Hope you are all finding your "groove" and settling in for the long haul until Christmas!  Speaking of Christmas, I am working on all kinds of gift giving ideas - keep checking back for those posts!

Today I want to show you the card I made for Alicia for her first day of school.  It came together SO quickly -good thing because I made it while she was AT school her first day :)   Nothing like planning ahead!  It occurred to me that when Rebecca started Kindergarten I made her a really special card and ... well ... fair is fair, right?  What you do for one you have to do for the other, right? 

To make the butterflies I stuck a piece of Sticky Strip (from the sheets of sticky strip) to a piece of card stock and then ran it through my Big Shot with the Butterfly Die.  I peeled off the top layer of the sticky strip, applied glitter in two (of the five) of Alicia's favorite colors, popped them up with dimensionals and "wa-low" (as Alicia would say) - three pretty butterflies.  I used the retired "Happy Everything" set as well as the swirl from "Priceless" and the retired "First Day" set.  A few pearls finished it off.  Alicia absolutely LOVED it.  Of course Rebecca wondered where HER card was.  Umm.  I didn't make one?  Bad Mommy.  Maybe I can make her a "Happy 5th day of School" card ....

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful, sparkly card, Tamara. No wonder your daughter loves it! Better get after another for Rebecca :-)
    Colett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterfly card! I saw a cool technique in calgary using super fine transparent glitter and sticky strip laid over a stamped image. It was beautiful and real professional looking.

    ReplyDelete