Monday, September 20, 2010

Yeah, Baby!

Heidi Ho Stampers!  No, I haven't left the country ... still here ... still crafting ... I actually STARTED quite a few projects over the last week but "anyone who knows me" knows that I'm great at starting projects, I'm just not always great at actually finishing projects!  As my boss in Germany used to say "Tam, you're great 'til the last hurdle".  Yep - that pretty much sums me up!  Having said that, I actually started a large project Thursday and finished it Friday - problem is I didn't take a picture of it!!  I made 45 gift card holders for a fundraiser being done by Zumba Fitness - they are raising money for the Cross Cancer Institute's Volunteer Services Program.  They asked me to donate some sort of casing for gift certificates.  I cracked out 45 of them in a few hours.  They were sooo pretty!  I used retired card stock Bermuda Bay with retired Designer Series Paper in Soft Sky.  Here's a picture of the card in a different color scheme:


So that was Friday's entertainment.  Today I made 42 Baby Thank You cards - yes, cut the bases yesterday and finished them today - I'm getting better!

I love this card!  It is so quick and easy - I used the retired Barely Banana card stock for the base and the Ronald McDonald House set "Tags Along".

So why is it that I work on projects that either a) have NO deadline or b) have a deadline months in the future rather than working on projects and classes I have in four days??!!  I still have to make Alicia's birthday invitations that have to be handed out Friday.  I also have my "Introduction to Stamping" class Friday that I haven't finished prepping for.  I have Alicia's loot bags to make, finish the Halloween Treat bags (although they are 90% done) and what did I do today?  I went to Fabricland to buy fabric for the blankets I am making the girls for CHRISTMAS!!  Please tell me I'm not the only one who seems to work backwards!!  I suppose I work better under pressure ... either that or I'm just whacked!  You be the judge .....

Have a good night!   ... maybe I'll go work on some Valentine gifts now :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment