Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sheltering Tree Bundle

Happy Sunday!

Ahh Sunday.  My second favourite Day of the week (we all know MONDAY holds the #1 spot in my heart!)

So yesterday was a TOTAL down day, as I recovered from the epic fun that was my Open House Friday Night.  You know you're getting older when simply going to bed 2 hours later than usual kicks you in the head harder than an all night bender did when you were 20!  I was a serious wage of makeup yesterday!  I also know that I have continued to embraced my new-found "relaxed-mode" by ENJOYING it *lol*.  I got up at 8:00, drank coffee and sat on my tut until 11:00.  It then took me 2 hours to brush my hair, feed the small people and put on some socially acceptable clothes to be seen in public in.  I then took Child #1 to Grandma's house for a sleep over and Child #2 to the mall to get some clothes that fit (and return/exchange 4 Christmas presents).  I then took her to a sleepover, picked up some chinese food, put on my new pair of SweetLegs leggins and watched a movie with My Love.  It's now 9:14 pm and I'm just killing another 20 minutes before going to bed.  (It just seems WRONG to go to bed before 10:00 when there are no kids in the house and it's date night!!!)  So - YOU are my time killer.  Don't you feel special???

Today I'm sharing my #1 favourite stamp set from the new catalogue, Sheltering Tree.  It's quickly becoming EVERYone's favourite, once they use it!  Here are some of my projects to date:
I LOVE this colour combinations!  Pool Party, Whisper White and Early Espresso.  I could just LICK this card!!!  I started this threesome with a purpose in mid - I wanted to bundle some products WITH the Sheltering Tree set to hit the magic $60 (CND) price point so customers could earn free SAB set.  My logic is this:  "You're going to order this set … and it costs $30.95 … so you might as well spend a little more and get something for free"!  As we all know, free is my favourite!  So the above is what I came up with.  I bundled the Sheltering Tree set ($30.95) with our (20) notecards + envelopes ($7.50), some neutrals card stock ($.8.50) and 2 ink pads - Pool Party and Early Espresso.  That all comes to $61.45 before s/h/gst.  Since we hit $60 we get something for free … and in the top card I used the free SAB set "Simply Wonderful".  I love how the top card uses just what is SUPPOSED to be leaves to be fun splotches - makes the stamp set more versatile!.  I used a a version of the "triple time stamping" technique for the ground … I placed the white layer on the white base (without the espresso layer), stamped the ground and THEN taped the espresso layer down.  I ties the whole image together despite the layering.  Love it!  The only thing NOT included in the above costing is the little red heart.  For that I used the Owl Builder punch.  (I think I have only ever used that punch for an actual owl once - life is WAY too short for building that little guy … but I use the punch ALL THE TIME for the little circles and the little heart .. like here).  I attached the heart with a glue dot and used my glue pen to add a little Dazzling Diamonds to the snowflakes.

I loved these little notecards so much that I wanted to make a full-grown size … so I just mounted the whole shooting match to a whisper White base with an additional Pool Party layer:
Freaking LOVE it.  LOVE IT!  I could sit and stare at it all day … and then make 11 more … which just mayyyyyyy have happened!

One top tip for this card and stamp set - since it is photopolymer I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend stamping on our pierce mat.  It only costs $5.50 and ensures a crisp, clear stamped image.

Today I'm hoping to be slightly more productive than yesterday.  I MAY unpack all the stuff that was on display Friday .. but I don't want to commit to too much *lol*.

Pop in again soon - more cards to share.  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment