Thursday, July 25, 2024

MCM Layout Mon, July 23, 2024 - Countryside Inn ONE SHEET WONDER! Whoot!

 


Happy Thursday!  Hurrah for some cooler temperatures today!  16-19 degrees, overcast and/or rain.  A much needed repreve from the +35 nastiness!  ONE upside to such oppressive is I spend more time in my Craft Cave where I have to wear a sweater, as it's so cold!  Whoot!  Double win! lol.

For my Live Monday night I wanted to create a One Sheet Wonder (OSW) ... so that's what I did.  I actually used one I came up with wayyy back in March of 2021.  Given that I couldn't remember it I was pretty sure no one mind a do-over!

What's a One Sheet Wonder?  It's when we take one sheet of designer paper, chop it up and make a number of cards from those pieces.  You may also see somethings called a "Double Wonder" (or OOSW).  That's where we take TWO sheets of designer paper for the same result - multiple cards.  Now that I think about it, mine IS a Double Wonder, as I chopped 2 pieces up to make six cards.  Semantics lol ... call it what you will, i was fun.  Here is what I showed The People what to make:

SO easy yet so striking, right?  For the blue version I used our Countryside Inn Designer.  The pink  version below is actually the exact same patterns/designs!  It's called Countryside Rose.  Sadly you can't purchase that one.  It was a gift for any demonstrator who bettered their sales in April 2024 over April 2023.  I'm thrilled to say I was one of the (approx) 10,000 demonstrators who did so.  SO pretty!

If you've never tried a OSW give it a go!  They can be quit addicting.  Sure, the cutting can take some time but once that's all done you just pop in a movie and assemble away.  

Want to make your own version(s) of this layout? Here is the "map" of the designer paper pieces you need to prep ...


Here are the measurements of the other pieces: -

TWO sheets of 6" x 6" patterned paper (DSP). Cut BOTH pieces per the diagram below

- SIX card bases
- SIX layers of 5 1/4" x 4" - use a colour that coordinates with your designer paper (DSP) or a neutral
- SIX circles (or other shape) for your sentiment
- SIX mats/layer for the sentiments in a coordinating colour to your DSP (slightly larger than you sentiment circle/shape)

- a colour that coordinates with your designer paper (DSP) for "mats". These are the mat dimensions:
* (2) 2 7/8" x 4 1/8" (or in Tamara-language 2 3/4 plus ticks" by 4 and 2 ticks" ... where the ticks are the markings on you ruler)
* (2) 2 1/8" x 2 7/8" (or 2 and 2 ticks" by 2 3/4 and 2 ticks")
* (4) 1 3/8" x 3 1/8" (or 1 1/4 and 2 ticks" by 3 and 2 ticks")
* (2) 2 1/8" x 3 3/8" (or 2 and 2 ticks" x 3 1/4 and 2 ticks")
* (2) 2 1/8" x 2 7/8" (or 2 and 2 ticks" by 2 3/4 plus 2 ticks")

... and here is the Mystery Card Monday (MCM) Facebook Live replay, showing you how to cut the papers and put all the pieces together ...


That's it for this week.  If you would like to join me LIVE for my MCM (Mystery Card Monday) sessions, you can catch me on my FaceBook Page here at 7:00 pm Mountain Time every Monday ... or on my YouTube Channel here at the same time (I stream live to both).  Like and Follow my FB Page and/or Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.  I'd love to have you - the live community is AMAZING and so much fun!

If you live in Canada and would like to purchase any of the items I used for my cards, just click any of the pictures below and you will be taken to my online store.  Thank you!  I appreciate your support!

Stay amazing!  

Tamara


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment